You have a solid career programming Java. You have a portfolio of Android applications built for 2.x and 4.x. that include technologies such as: LBS, Push and Social APIs. You share our passion for good UX/UI design and have a strong background in building compelling touch & gesture interfaces using Android’s and 3rd party UI libraries like Picasso, ActionBar Sherlock. Experience with html5/mobile web and integration tools like Jenkins is highly appreciated.
Who are we?
We believe meaningful conversation can change the world. We believe the tools we use can define that conversation. And we believe we can build better tools. We’re audacious and just getting started. That’s why we need you.
As our Android Engineer, your responsibilities will include the creation, implementation and maintenance of our native Android application. You will leverage your considerable experience and knowledge of best practices building mobile solutions to build a beautiful easy to use app. You will craft beautiful and well-documented code, follow best practices, hit deadlines, exercise professionalism (in what you do and how you do it), and maintain an active interest in the overall success of what we’re building as a company, beyond just the scope of your projects.
To qualify you must:
- Have 5 or more years of professional software engineering experience of which, at least 2+ years were devoted to Android
- Demonstrate expert-level Java and Android SDK skills
- Have hands-on experience with local data storage using SQLLite, LBS, Push notification
- Be comfortable with tools deploying and testing Android apps.
- Have worked with and tested Android Camera features across several devices
- Have a BS in Computer Science or related discipline
- Above all, have an insatiable desire and ability to learn
To be successful you must:
- Design, implement, and maintain the Android app
- Demonstrate personal, professional, and technical growth
- Maintain a track record of good rapport and relationship with your team (us)
- Become a cornerstone of our company
- Offer competitive salary and benefits
- Allow for a flexible daily work schedule (including working remotely part-time)
- Are located in Bellevue just off I-90, by the park and ride
- Have a casual and fun work environment
- Value a healthy work/life balance and encourage each other to keep this a priority