We are looking for QA Software Engineer to participate in the entire product life-cycle, including feature design, lab configuration, back end and GUI testing, test automation, and troubleshooting.
This position interacts with a wide range of technologies that includes networking equipment (switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers), VoIP equipment (IP-PBX systems, SIP based softswitches, unified communications), databases (mySQL, MS SQL), web technologies (web servers, SOAP/XML, encryption, security), and operating systems (Linux OS networking and basic system administration).
Review requirements and design proposals submitted by the design team
Draft and review test plans
Configure lab systems (networking, VoIP equipment, application servers, virtual images)
Perform functional, integration, smoke, regression, upgrade tests in a virtualized environment
Performance and final image testing on physical hardware
Report bugs to the design team using Bugzilla
Troubleshoot and reproduce issues from the field (may require interaction with customers)
Perform 3rd party certification with 3rd party equipment vendors (Cisco, Avaya, Microsoft, etc…)
Requirements & Qualifications:
• Linux OS and shell scripting
• IP Networking (TCP / IP, Troubleshooting, Cisco IOS)
• Experience with protocol analyzers (i.e. Ethereal) to analyze network problems and to debug
• Application or Test Automation programming/scripting
• Database schema and complex SQL queries
• Deep understanding of quality assurance processes and techniques
• Experience with performance/load testing and system performance measurement
• Ability to setup and troubleshoot a complex lab environment
• Experience in drafting comprehensive test plans
• Solid english verbal & writing skills (our documentation is in English, our customers are US
• Experience with IP-PBX systems
• Knowledge of SIP Protocol
To apply for this job please visit www.kovasys.com.