The candidate is responsible for engineering and supporting network management and instrumentation solutions for a multi platform global network. The role requires proficiency in systems engineering with a focus on UNIX systems, PERL, SQL and network management technologies. A familiarity with networking technologies and multiple vendor platforms is also beneficial. Additional knowledge of market data, VoIP, precision timing and low latency monitoring is desired. The person should be able to take high level direction and execute independently utilizing skills across all disciplines.
• Proven ability to design scalable cross discipline global solutions centering on network management, monitoring and automation.
• History of implementation and administration of Linux servers and applications.
• Strong scripting ability: Shell and Perl.
• User level knowledge of databases and SQL.
. Ability to clearly document processes and procedures supporting the solutions.
• Ideally knowledgeable of financial markets and market data feeds.
• Real world knowledge of automating enterprise deployments.
. Senior level understanding of network management systems such Spectrum, E-health, SMARTS, EOS, NetQoS, etc.
. Details understanding of network management protocols such as SNMP, NTP, TACACS, etc.
. Knowledge of multiple networking vendor platforms such as Cisco, Juniper, BNT and ADVA
. Knowledge of core networking concepts including TCP/IP, routing protocols and switching protocols.
. Knowledge of monitoring and management of IP Telephony, 802.1x, MPLS, and VPLS.
Skills Desired Education
• BS Degree in electronic engineering or computer science.
• 5+ years in the Network industry
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org