As a member of the Quality Assurance (QA) team, you will help assure that all steps of the software and hardware development conform to industry norms. The selected candidate must be able to understand functional analyses and challenge them when required. You will help ensure the quality of all activities involved in software design and development as well as in documentation. In addition, you will also be responsible for implementing and maintaining rigorous Software Quality Assurance (SQA) procedures for our Back Office and Embedded software applications. You will also be responsible for planning optimal SQA strategies for all iterations of the applications put into production.
Tasks and responsibilities :
– Analyze proposed technical solutions and ensure that they fulfill associated business requirements;
– Organize testing and quality assurance activities associated with a project;
– Carry out testing activities within the policy, norms and procedural framework of established tests;
– Elaborate test strategies;
– Validate functional analyses for applications;
– Document and execute system tests;
– Document and execute integration tests for a variety of system components;
– Provide his/her quality assurance expertise and knowledge when consulting with various teams;
– Carry out fault management processes, ensuring timely support when urgent interventions are required;
– Identify and communicate potential risks and impacts;
– Contribute testing and quality assurance expertise;
– Collaborate and contribute towards the continuous improvement and evolution of the quality assurance service;
– Actively participate in different project meetings;
– Produce a variety of follow-up reports for projects or deliverables;
– Be capable of certifying product quality.
Technical requirements :
– Professional diploma of collegial studies or minimum 3 years of experience in a relevant field;
– Good knowledge of hardware testing;
– Good knowledge of Back Office and Web Service testing;
– Experience with delivering projects in AGILE environment;
– Good knowledge with data acquisition systems;
– Knowledge of best practices in Quality Assurance and also in test practices;
– Knowledge of automated tests;
– Capable of using metrics to evaluate software quality.
– Excellent analytical, synthesis, and problem-solving skills;
– Knows how to manage, organize, and prioritize work;
– Works well in a collaborative environment with multiple stakeholders;
– Excellent oral and written communication skills in French and English.