Production Management Technology operates a global enterprise management infrastructure built around the IBM Tivoli Netcool/Omnibus event management system. The plant is operated by a 7×24 nearshore/offshore managed service operations team. Plant engineering and software development activities are done by an engineering team. We are looking to expand the engineering team.
Main responsibilities: The engineering team designs the overall plant architecture and configuration, develops tools and procedures, performs configurations and software system deployments, writes documentation, delivers training on new systems and processes, develops plans for operational changes and executes or directs the execution of production changes. The engineering team ensures that day to day operations are handled smoothly by routine interaction with the operations team leads and supervisors and solves problems when escalated to by the operations team. The engineering team interacts with users and other departments to design and implement integrations between the enterprise management system and other applications and management systems deployed in the firm.
• Strong UNIX/Linux
• Strong scripting (Perl, shell)
• Good oral and written communications skills, ability to create documentation and deliver training
• Good organizational and time management skills
• Operations management experience/data center experience
• UNIX/Linux system administration
• Netcool/Omnibus experience a plus
• Other application/network management platform experience
• Systems/network monitoring experience
• Software development experience
• SNMP experience
• Prior IT experience a plus
• C++ / Java development experience a plus